Is your team using Customer Journey Mapping (CJM) correctly?A failed CJM exercise is a wasted opportunity, especially considering the substantial investment of time and money. With CJMs fast becoming the go-tool for companies looking to improve their customers' experience, it is essential that CX teams know how to drive the value expected and desired.
There are 6 keys areas where companies tend to fall down during the CJM process. These include:
- having too narrow a scope;
- basing your CJM on imagination and assumption (rather than customer validation);
- failing to connect your CJM to segments or personas;
- limiting the team working on the project to one department such as Marketing;
- completing the CJM with an inside-out view;
- and starting the initiative with the wrong goal in mind.